Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Wedding Preparations

Soon after the proposal, I sprung almost immediately into action! I started surfing endlessly on the intranet for information. I even bought several wedding magazines to search for wedding ideas and stuff..

I always had this dream of having a fairytale wedding that is so much like the princes and princesses in those childhood fairytale stories where the couple live happily everafter.. Many venues popped into my mind.. I had considered the Jurong Birdpark.. the Singapore Zoo, etc as the "ideal wedding" venue..

Little did I know that organising a wedding is so much work and costs.. A mere wedding dinner in a typcial Chinese restaurant could easily chalk up $20,000 in just one night.. Whooo... thats a whole lot of money and lots of savings to be spent!!! Scary....

Lucky, leo and I had started a savings plan since we started dating. From a mere $50 per month, we had gradually increased the amount over the years and had managed to save a rather substantial amount to pull us through the major expenses that will be coming along the way.. The building of our dream home, the dream wedding and finally the dream honeymoon... The amount to be spent?? Priceless....

No comments: